Monday, May 18, 2020

With Vengeance!

Hey everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to talk about tabletop wargaming and 3D printing as it is still a subject that is being debated fiercely for and against it. Quite honestly I have no intention to sway anyone to side with either opinion as I just wish to present what an enormous opportunity it has given me to fulfill my own imagination. Thanks to 3D printing, it is possible to take a random modeling idea that I have floating in my head and create it physically for me to assemble, paint, and use in my projects. I have no intention to cause financial damage to anyone through 3D printing and I also don't see it as a replacement for traditionally casted miniatures. 

If anything, I just see it as an extremely powerful tool in my arsenal which allows me to create and modify models so they feel more unique.





For example, this Alpha Pattern Leman Russ that I have printed also comes with custom sculpted tank troopers and a tank commander which have all been custom sculpted for my use. Not to mention that the tank itself was altered by a good friend of mine to further fit my specifications. In comparison to an Alpha Pattern Leman Russ that is offered by Forgeworld, it is slightly longer and has slightly different details such as the custom insignia and the different texts that I inserted. I also magnetized all weapon locations.






As far as rules go, I will be running this tank as a command tank (even if the current rule set doesn't allow them to ride in Alpha Pattern Leman Russes) and I'm hoping that the satellite array is enough to distinguish it from normal tanks that will be rolling through the battlefield alongside it.





No comments:

Post a Comment